Have you ever wanted to go to a yoga retreat but do not know how to do yoga? Here is your chance to give yoga a try, in a brand new and totally fun way!
Join us for a unique and memorable experience away from the stresses of your everyday life. A perfect Summer getaway to nurture your body, mind and spirit.
Laugh. Relax. Rejuvenate. Reconnect with yourself, your laughter and your inner child. Be inspired. Have fun. Learn new and easy techniques to de-stress instantly. Connect with others, meaningfully. Make new friends, mindfully. All in the beautiful Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre, surrounded by nature, in the heart of the Georgian Bay, only 90 minutes North of Toronto, Ontario, and away from your everyday stressors.
Laughter Yoga Wellness is a simple and extremely effective stress-relief technique based on the concept of laughing for no reason - no joke, no comedy and no sense of humour required. It is accessible to anyone, for any age. If you are able laugh, you can partake to this exercise. It is an excellent cardio exercise that instantly lifts your mood. The results often last for days. It helps people rediscover the power of their laughter muscle, tap into their inner joy and inner child, adopt a new way to deal with everyday stressors and life challenges, be more mindful and present with yourself.
A weekend of fun, learning, meditation and discovery
A special week-end that will leave you energized, inspired, relaxed, rejuvenated with a renewed sense of joy and overall well-being.
This all–inclusive retreat week-end includes:
• Laughter Wellness Sessions
• Mindful Meditation Sessions
• Deep Breathing Exercises
• Laughter Workshop
• Free time
• Peaceful Nature Surroundings
• Hiking Trails
• 6 Healthy Meals
• 2-Night Accommodations
Friday July 19th
5:30pm Arrival, Registration and Welcome Reception & Refreshments
7:30pm Opening and Setting of Intentions
8:00-9:30pm Intro to the Laughter Yoga Wellness Concept and Chocolate Meditation
Saturday July 20th
8:30am Walking Meditation (in nature weather permitting or indoors)
10:00am Laughter Session and Grounding Dance
1:00pm Free Time (hiking, napping, reading, relaxation)
2:30pm Mini-Laughter Session
3:00pm Laughter Workshop (Introduction to the concept, philosophy and benefits of Laughter Yoga Wellness for a more relaxed lifestyle)
4:30pm Deep Breathing Exercises and Yoga Nidra Session
7:00pm Free time
8:00pm Evening entertainment (optional)
Sunday July 21th
8:30am Walking Meditation and Laughter Meditation (in nature weather permitting or indoors)
10:30am Laughter Session and Laughter Kirtan Improvisation Session
11:30pm Affirmations Session
1:00pm Closing Circle with Breathe-Connect Gratitude Meditation
Friday July 19 to Sunday July 21, 2013
$349 per person Early Bird price by July 10 (inclusive of taxes)
$399 per person after July 10 (Dorm style - Max. 4pp per cabin)
• Semi-private occupancy (2pp): add a one-time fee of $30 per person
• Private occupancy: add a one-time fee of $50 per person.
• Choose your occupancy preference at the time of registration. We will operate on a first come first served basis depending upon availability.
• Full payment is required to reserve your spot.
Visit http://www.thelaughterstudio.com/retreat/ to find details on what to bring and the retreat schedule.
Download our flyer: http://www.thelaughterstudio.com/files/2013/06/Flyer-LYRetreat-2013.pdf
To register, go to http://www.thelaughterstudio.com/retreat/ Contact person: Marjorie Moulin | info@TheLaughterStudio.com | 647-873-8813
Your all-inclusive Laughter Yoga Wellness and Meditation Retreat includes:
• Daily professionally facilitated laughter, meditation and deep breathing sessions
• A special laughter workshop on the history of Laughter Yoga Wellness, its philosophy and benefits
• 2 evenings of fun activities
• 6 vegetarian or vegan meals (organic and local when possible.) Special diets may be accommodated for a surcharge.
• Healthy snacks, tea and coffee available 24 hours per day
• 2 nights shared accommodations (quad occupancy per cabin; semi-private or private occupancy available for additional fee)
• Laughter memories and new friendships to embrace for a lifetime!
• cancel 6 weeks or more prior to the retreat: $100 cancellation fee
• cancel less that 6 weeks prior to retreat: 50% refund
• cancel less than 3 weeks prior to retreat: no refund
Each of the ten cabins is nestled in the woods surrounding the retreat centre. Each cabin accommodates up to 4 people with either 4 twin beds or one double and 3 twin beds. Washroom facilities are located in the main retreat centre less than a minute walk from any cabin. Washrooms have private and spacious showers. Two cabins and the main center are wheelchair accessible.
About The Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre
The Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre was created to provide a place for people to reconnect with a part of themselves that may be neglected or hidden, to connect with others or just getaway and have some fun! Whether you seek a much needed R&R break, a getaway from kids and family, romance, or a deeper spiritual connection, we will cater to your needs to make your visit a memorable experience. Read more about us or book your own retreat.
Find us on Google Maps or see driving directions to the Sugar Ridge Retreat Center